The department aims at achieving its mission and vision by ensuring that students have:
1. correct understanding of linguistics, communication and culture.
2. skills to communicate with others and interact with them positively.
3. training to work in different fields including: tourism, hospitality, media, commerce, law, health, and diplomacy.
4. Recognition of language learning and teaching it .
5. Theoretical education and applied skills for translation and conference interpreting.
6. ability to comprehend literary works.
7. basic research skills and critical thinking.
8. moral and scientific values,
9. respect for others and pride in their own national identity,
10. endorsement of cultural diversity.