The program provides specialized knowledge in English
Literature with six concentrations:
Ø Background to the program and subject area:
The program offers an advanced understanding of the study and practice of English Literature across a wide range of literary periods and genres. The program particularly enables students to develop a specialized knowledge in literary theory and criticism, major critics and authors, research methodologies, as well as world and Arabic literatures in translation.
The program prepares literary careerists to lead in the field of academy and to qualitatively develop their creative and research skills. It provides students with an enriching professional experience as well as with a proficiency in drawing higher education policies and strategic planning. It encourages interdisciplinary knowledge exchange and academic collaboration with scholars all over the globe.
Our mission is to provide academic leadership, to further scholarship, and to work towards the development of higher education in the region.
Ø Program Aims:
1. Providing in-depth study of a wide range of literary topics and genres across the field of English literature.
2. Offering high-quality education that enables students to attain the highest level of professional and personal development.
3. Ensuring that students acquire full understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities as future academics and researchers.
4. Responding through the graduate programs to the needs of the public and private sectors
5. Equipping students with the advanced knowledge as well as general transferable skills that enable them to play leading and effective roles in a wide range of occupations.
6. Preparing students to pursue their PhD education in different disciplines within the humanities and social sciences.
7. Exposing students to the impact of cross-cultural exchange on the national and global levels.
8. Enabling faculty members to upgrade the teaching materials and methods by providing them with up-to-date technology, training, and resources.
9. Providing further opportunities for faculty members to pursue personal development, research, and professional consultancy in accordance with the agreed procedures of the University